Churros are possibly the easiest yet most impressive десерти I have made. The ingredients are pantry staples too.
Unlike its Spanish counterparts, this recipe does not contain eggs. Instead, it depends on a закваска. However, I must warn, to not overdo the leavening and err on the side of being doughy than crispy. I guarantee it will disappear as fast as you can dish out.
Кориця Чуррос з шоколадним соусомРецепт друку
- Churros Ingredients
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 склянка теплої води
- 1/2 чайної ложки розпушувача
- 1 pinch of baking soda
- 1 щіпка солі
- Олія для смаження
- Dipping Sauce Ingredients
- 1/2 cup of chopped chocolate
- 1/2 cup of full-fat cream
- 1 столова ложка вершкового масла
- Coating Ingredients
- 1/2 cup of refined sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- In a bowl, add chopped chocolate, cream and place it on a double boiler with barely simmering water underneath. As the chocolate melts, stir slowly. When 3/4 of the chocolate has melted, take it off the heat and continue stirring till completely melted. Add butter and stir to emulsify. Allow to sit while you prepare the churros.
- Heat oil for frying in a slightly wide pan. Heat till hot but not smoky.
- In another bowl, add all-purpose flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Stir with a fork to aerate.
- Heat water slight and pour little by little till you get a very sticky dough. Transfer the dough to a piping bag with a nozzle or drop tablespoon fulls into the hot oil.
- If you go the piping bag route, hold the bag above oil and squeeze. When you are happy with the size of the churro, slowly lower the bag, so the tip of the churro touches the oil, lower till almost 3/4 of the churro is in oil and snip the other end with a scissor.
- Fry until golden and allow to drain on a kitchen towel. (fry till churros are slightly doughy and not too crispy, it will continue to crisp up as it rests)
- On a wide plate, toss sugar and cinnamon. Throw in the drained churros and toss to coat.
- Serve warm with chocolate dipping sauce.